Please consider donating on or before that date at AZ Gives. If received before April 3, your gift will be “prescheduled” to occur on AZ Gives Day – that way it will count in the totals used to award prizes.
If you prefer, you may send a check marked “AZ Gives” to Our Neighbors Farm & Pantry, 1020 S. 10th Ave., Safford, AZ 85546. Please send by March 30 so that it will arrive in time for AZ Gives Day.
Your donations to Our Neighbors Farm & Pantry are eligible for the Arizona State Tax Credit for Charitable Organizations. $400 (filing singly) or $800 (filing jointly) of your donations are subtracted from the money you owe the state. Any tax credit you receive for donations to public schools is completely separate and does not affect the amount that you may give to charitable organizations.
FAQ on AZ Tax Credit
- How hard is it to file for a tax credit? Just include the short and easy Arizona Form 321 with your tax return.
- Do I need to itemize to obtain a tax credit? No.
- What if I have already withheld an amount equal to or greater than my tax liability? Your tax refund will increase by the amount of your donation.
FAQ on AZ Gives Day, April 3
- Don’t credit card charges decrease the value of my gift? The AZ Gives prize money that you and other donors working together bring into our community is much greater than the credit card costs.
- Has Our Neighbors Farm & Pantry ever actually won AZ Gives prize money? YES! In 2015, donations brought in a $1,000 prize. In 2016, donations brought in a $3,000 prize. In 2017, donations brought in a $5,000 prize. $800 more last year would have brought in a $10,000 prize.